PORAC Legal Defense Fund has a long and proud history of its success, founded upon certain core principles not often found with competing legal plans. When comparing other legal plans to PORAC LDF, be sure to make the following inquiries
|24/7 emergency legal response|
|No cap on benefits|
|Run by Cops for Cops|
|Non Profit - ERISA trust fund|
|Administered by attorneys experienced in the representation of peace officers.|
|Longevity - In existence for almost 40 years|
|Financial Strength - Net assets available for member benefits - Over $25 Million|
|Membership stability - More than 121,000 members|
|Affirmative Relief Coverage|
|Concerted Labor Activity coverage|
|Non- scope administrative disciplinary coverage|
|Civil Case monitoring|
Please click here and download this comparison chart and take it with you when you visit the competitors.
1. Can individual participants choose which attorney to use?
2. How many cases have you spent more than $1 million defending a single member?
3. Are there monetary caps on the amount of benefits to be paid on behalf of individual participants or per incident?
4. Are there provisions limiting spending on a case unless certain specified conditions exist?
5. As a participant of the Plan, am I able to appear personally before the Plan’s Board of Trustees to appeal any decision made by the Plan’s admnistrator?
6. Do you maintain a 24-hour telephone service, and promise that a qualified attorney will be available to respond to a critical incident 24 hours/day, 7 days/week?
7. Is the Plan administered by attorneys with substantial years of experience representing law enforcement officers, or is this duty performed by an insurance adjuster with no relevant experience?
8. What percentage of member contributions are utilized for marketing and administration fees?
9. Does the Plan provide for Concerted Labor Activity coverage?